Shoulder Injury from Auto Accident
Auto Accident Shoulder Injury
No one plans on being in an auto accident, but if it does happen, you should know what to do. This includes filing a police report, contacting a lawyer, and getting medical care. According to a recent report, there are 16,438 car crashes each day in the United States. About 1.25 million people die as a result of car accidents every year. Auto accidents cause 3,287 deaths per day. Also, 20 to 50 million people are severely injured as a result of an accident.
If the unforeseen happens and you sustain injuries in a car accident, make an appointment with Hughes Chiropractic and Massage. Our chiropractor has years of experience providing residents of Renton, WA, and the surrounding areas with chiropractic care for shoulder pain. When you first visit our office following an auto accident, our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system before creating a chiropractic care plan to address any pain you are experiencing.
Seek Chiropractic Care Following an Auto Accident
The most common areas of the body that are injured due to an auto accident are the neck and shoulders. Common injuries include:
- Whiplash: This injury can occur when your car is hit from behind, jolting your neck back and forth quickly. Whiplash can injure soft tissues, muscles, ligaments, and various nerves.
- Disc injuries: Disc injuries can cause pain from the back down to the legs and back.
- Spinal cord injury: This is a serious injury that typically occurs when the vertebrae are pushed out of their proper position. This can cause severe pain and in serious cases, paralysis. Immediate care is critical.
- Sprains and strains: Muscles and ligaments can be injured because of the sudden movements that occur during car accidents.
- Shoulder injuries: Shoulder injuries are a common occurrence with the body is propelled into the hard objects that surround you in your car.
Chiropractor in Renton, WA
If you have sustained a shoulder injury because of an auto accident or if you just want to make sure your spine is in good condition, our chiropractor is ready to assist you. We will find out why you are suffering pain, diagnose the cause of your pain, and then develop a treatment plan to help strengthen that area to prevent further injury. For more information on chiropractic care for shoulder pain or to schedule an appointment, call us at (425) 271-4543.