When you have pain in the leg, it’s an indication of an injury or disease. Since you use your legs virtually every day, any discomfort will likely lower your quality of life. Thankfully, you don’t have to suffer from leg pain. Visit a chiropractor today, and your leg pain will be a thing of the past. Suffering from leg pain in Renton, WA? Wellness awaits you. All you need to do is book an appointment with Hughes Chiropractic and Massage for pain relief.
What Causes Leg Pain?
Leg pain may present itself as dull, stabbing, numbness, or weakness in the lower extremities. Moreover, leg pain can be acute or chronic. Whatever kind of leg pain you are experiencing, it’s never fun.
Here are the common causes of leg pain:
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve—the nerve that runs from the lower back to the legs—is damaged or irritated, you may experience pain that runs from the lower back to the legs down to the feet.
- Neuropathy: This condition damages nerves and may cause pain in the lower extremities.
- Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage in your leg joints wears down, bones rub against each other, resulting in pain and limited movement. While osteoarthritis can affect any joint in your leg, it’s more likely to affect the knee and hip joints.
- Sprains and strains: A misstep, fall, or slip may strain your leg ligaments and tendons, resulting in pain and immobility.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the joints in the knee and ankle is likely to result in swelling, pain, and limited mobility.
If you have knee pain, home remedies may work, but if the pain doesn’t subside after a few days, you need to seek the services of a chiropractor.
How Do Chiropractors Diagnose Leg Pain?
Before embarking on chiropractic treatment, we first diagnose the cause and location of the pain. Here, we discuss your medical history, record your symptoms, and carry out physical examinations to test your range of motion and response to sensations. If we need a further diagnosis, we may request X-ray images and CT scans.
How Do Chiropractors Treat Leg Pain?
After diagnosis, chiropractic treatment may involve one or a combination of the below remedies:
- Spinal manipulation: Since your leg pain may be radiating from the back, we first align your spinal joints to remove “restrictions” that could cause imbalances in your body, including the legs.
- Therapeutic massage: Our chiropractic massage therapy reduces pain and inflammation and improves flexibility by relaxing tense muscles.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises reduce pain, improve flexibility, and strengthen your leg muscles against future injuries.
- Kinesio taping: We use a special tape to overcome nagging pain, inflammation, tightness, and immobility.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Renton, WA
Has leg pain gotten the better of you in Renton, WA? You deserve a pain-free life. Please book an appointment with Hughes Chiropractic and Massage for leg pain management by calling (425) 271-4543.