Our Veterans Now Have More Choices for Chiropractic Care in Renton and the Puget Sound Region
Recently, Dr. Hughes became aware of a new program that is available to all veterans, and decided to participate by taking the required training for doctors who participate in the program. This program allows veterans who need chiropractic care to choose a Chiropractor outside of the VA hospitals in our area if the veteran meets certain criteria. The conditions that veterans must meet in order to qualify for the new program are:
- If you are a veteran, or if you know a veteran who lives more than 30 miles from the VA hospital, any doctor can see the veteran, including a chiropractor, anywhere you would like.
- If a veteran has had a back/neck problem for more than 20 years, then the veteran can be seen by any doctor, including a chiropractor, anywhere in the USA.
- If a veteran has been determined to have a 50% or more disability, then they can be seen by any doctor, including a chiropractor, anywhere.
- If you are a veteran, or if you know a veteran, and the veteran is under 65, the VA will pay for chiropractic treatments. Otherwise, Medicare will pay for the veteran’s chiropractic care. With Medicare, veterans must pay a small copay for their chiropractic care, usually under 8 dollars a visit.
If you would like the VA to pay for your chiropractic visit or massage, the process is straightforward:
- If you are a veteran, or if you know a veteran, the veteran in question needs to take the initiative and call your primary care provider at the VA.
- Tell the primary care provider at the VA that you meet one or more of the conditions listed above, and that you would like to go to Hughes Chiropractic Care & Massage and see Dr. Hughes for your chiropractic care.
- You may have to be persistent and determined to convey the message that you want to take advantage of this program for your treatment. Your persistence will pay off; the VA will agree to allow you to see Dr. Hughes for your treatment program. We are proud to serve those who have served our country by providing chiropractic care for our veterans!
Hughes Chiropractic & Massage is Now a Proud Member of The Patriot Project
The Patriot Project is a grass roots movement to provide chiropractic care to all Active Military, their Families, Wounded Warriors & All Gold Star Dependents Chiropractic care is included in veteran’s health benefits but has not been made readily available for all Wounded Warriors. Many of the ailments currently being treated largely with pain medication and psychotropic drugs but can be relieved more conservatively with chiropractic care. It is important to offer our active duty non-drug, non-surgical options for their painful conditions and Doctors of Chiropractic offer such care with attention to the optimum function and health of the whole person. The Patriot Project aims to make chiropractic care readily available for ALL active duty personnel, Military Veterans & their Families including all Gold Star Dependents. With adequate funding, The Patriot Project will include a USO-type chiropractic care tour, visiting military bases around the world including Afghanistan and Iraq including all active forward operating bases. The Patriot Project is determined to have chiropractic physicians commissioned in the military similarly to the commissioning of other physicians – MD/DOs. The Patriot Project is determined to have active Chiropractic care available in all VA Hospitals across the USA. This will ensure the choice of conservative chiropractic care and ready access for all active duty to non-drug, non-surgical options.