Driving means dealing with the potential dangers of an auto accident, including debilitating back pain. Hughes Chiropractic and Massage in Renton, WA, treats many injuries arising from car accidents. Our chiropractor will evaluate your musculoskeletal system to identify any auto accident injuries you have sustained. Once your injuries have been identified, we will create a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs. Chiropractic adjustments will reduce your pain while also improving your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Commonly Occurring Auto Accident Back Injuries
Being involved in an auto accident can inflict a great amount of back pain and neck pain. Auto accident injuries often addressed by our chiropractor include:
- Whiplash, which occurs when a hard impact causes the neck to suddenly snap forward and back.
- Herniated discs, which can swell and inflict a lot of pain.
- Spinal fractures, which are tiny cracks in the vertebrae that heal over time but can produce a lot of pain while doing so.
- Spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spinal canal which can be a long-term effect of an auto accident and lead to ongoing back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis, which occurs when stress from fractures causes one or more vertebrae to slip out of place and increase pressure on nerves and the spinal canal.
- Injuries to the spinal cord, which can be very serious and lead to temporary or permanent paralysis.
A chiropractor can help to relieve back pain and promote healing with a combination of therapies.
Auto Accident Injury Treatments
Whether you suffered a back injury or other ailments due to an auto injury event, our chiropractor can provide a variety of treatments to relieve pain and help you to heal up faster. Flexion-distraction is a type of gentle spinal manipulation treatment that helps to soothe injured spinal discs and other tissues. Spinal manipulation returns the spine to its natural position, relieving your pain, improving your range of motion, and enhancing your body’s natural healing process. Joint-stretching techniques and trigger-point therapies can help to keep you limber while restoring a full range of motion. Instrument-assisted manipulation can focus treatment on very specific locations and help to promote healing more quickly. Treatments recommended by our chiropractor will vary depending on the type, location, and severity of your auto accident injuries.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Renton, WA for Auto Accident Injury Treatment
If you have recently been involved in an auto accident in Renton, WA, the chiropractic professionals at Hughes Chiropractic & Massage are ready to assist you. For more information on auto injury treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call us at (425) 271-4543.